My Love For Burgundy




Hello Spring!

I am so grateful for not having had to endure all of the winter like many of you, yet I am quite happy to see the spring come because I did suffer through the last few days of cold temperature. I just got myself a DSLR and I am beginning to experiment with all the settings, however sadly I do not possess much artistic ability in the photography field and I will permanently stick to fashion design and illustration instead. Unlike most fashion bloggers I do not have a photographer boyfriend or eager fans wanting to take my pictures, but a tripod and my willing parents will do for now.

Now that I am back I hardly have time for anything but I thought posting OOTD posts (outfit of the day) would be a nice break from work. As the spring comes, so do fun little crop tops and lighter textiles. Here is what I wore last Friday.

I love vintage clothing more than anything, and these pants are very 70's to me so I made them the focus of my outfit by pairing them with simple black pieces. The hat obviously complements the pants quite well since they are the same colour. I bought it recently because I got the urge to get some festival inspired accessories for the upcoming summer season. The pieces I am wearing are all from affordable mass market retailers like Forever 21, Costa Blanca and Guess. Nothing too fancy for an ordinary Friday outfit.



Bienvenida Primavera!

Estoy muy contenta porque no tuve que estar en el frio de este pasado invierno como muchos de ustedes, de todas maneras estoy muy feliz de ver venir la primavera porque estuve acá para los últimos días de bajas temperaturas. Me acabo de comprar una DSLR y estoy empezando a experimentar con las configuraciones, pero lastimosamente no tengo mucho talento en la parte de fotografía y me quedare permanentemente con la ilustración y el diseño de modas. A diferencia de la mayoría de bloggers de moda no tengo un novio fotógrafo o fans ansiosas por tomar mis fotos, pero un tripod y mis papas harán el truco por ahora.

Desde que regrese no he tenido tiempo para mucho pero pensé que crear entradas de OOTD (oufit of the day) es un buen descanso del trabajo. Ya que llego la primavera, también trae con ella la oportunidad de vestirse con materiales más ligeros y crop tops. Esto es lo que me puse el viernes pasado.

Amo la ropa vintage más que a todo, y estos pantalones son muy similares al estilo de los anos 70s. Los hice el punto focal de mi look colocándolos con piezas simples y negras. El sombrero obviamente complementa los pantalones porque son del mismo color. Lo compre la semana pasada porque me han dado ganas de encontrar accesorios perfectos para festivales de música en el verano. Las piezas que me puse son de tiendas de ropa económica y de consumo masivo como Forever 21, Costa Blanca y Guess. Nada muy elevado para un viernes ordinario.

















This morning I woke up, looked outside and realized that what I had written is completely irrelevant and all the snow is back. Jeez, thanks Mother Nature!




Esta mañana me levante y mire afuera de mi ventana. Todo lo que escribí sobre la primavera es completamente irrelevante porque la nieve regreso. Vaya, gracias madre naturaleza!



Maria GS xo.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. opps! nvm love, it was just my template that didn't allow it! =p

    ReplyDelete